Mandelic Acid Liquid
Mandelic acid, a lesser known alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that, much like its glycolic and salicylic counterparts, exfoliates the skin by accelerating cell turnover, which in turn improves the overall texture and tone of skin.
Due to its oil-soluble nature, it works at both the surface of the skin and deeper down in the pores.
Mandelic Acid Benefits:
- Highly effective for blind pimples with ‘no head’
- Aid in fading fine lines, wrinkles, discolouration and acne scars
- Gentler on sensitive skin compared to other AHAs (it has a larger molecule size compared to most other AHAs, which doesn’t allow it to penetrate as deeply, ultimately making it less irritating for those with reactive skin.)
- Contain antimicrobial or antibacterial properties
- Help combat acne-causing bacteria and spreading of germs
(Fun fact: Mandelic acid is derived from almonds!)
How do blind pimples form?
- Wearing make up for long hours without proper cleansing
- Excessive oil secretion
- Eating spicy, heaty food frequently
- Staying up late at night
All of the above can contribute to clogged pores and lead to blind pimples. It is difficult to clean it out by squeezing, and extraction via needles will leave scars.
- To treat blind pimples: Apply on affected area at night.
- For anti-ageing/ fading of scars: Use 2 to 3 times a week. If your skin is super sensitive, try applying your Mandelic Acid over moisturiser to dilute it.